Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Mother's Day 2006



Mitchell came home from preschool this morning with a wonderful gift he made himself. The class hand painted ceramic flower pots and planted geraniums in them. I was so shocked!! The preschool teacher had warned me on Monday, that Mitchell was upset with her, she wouldn't help him with his Mother's Day gift. He's not too independent when it comes to crafts....he much prefers to be assisted. But it looks wonderful and I will treasure it always. Here's a picture of it. I'll keep it in my windowsill above the stove, hoping it gets a few flowers.

Mitchell has done really well this past year at preschool, he's really come out of his shell. He's talking so much better, with more complete sentences and better pronounciation. Preschool has been such a good experience for him, I'm sure he'll miss it during the summer months. His preschool teacher is getting married in early September, but will not be having a honeymoon till their 1yr anniversary, likely sometime during the 2007 Christmas break.....don't want to interrupt preschool, you know! He goes for his second year of preschool, then off to Kindergarten and on to Mommy's school bus! He'll love that for sure, although I don't know if I can keep it 'business' on the bus. It might be a challenge for me.

Almost done the yardwork, in preparation for the party on Saturday. Just have to mow the lawn and clean the patio furniture. However, the weather forecast isn't looking all that great....only a high of +14C for Saturday. So much for a comfortable outdoor gathering. And my house isn't big enough to accomodate all the invited guests. With 10 children, ranging from 6mos to 10yrs, and with assorted parents and such, it'll be a full house, that's for sure. Perhaps the bigger kids can play outside, and the younger kids & adults can hang out in the house.

Inside, I just need to clean floors (vacuum & swiffer them), dust furniture (ick!!) and bake & decorate cakes (yummmmm).

The only issue I might have with Saturday afternoon, is the twins' nap schedule. Lately, they've been going down for naps at 3pm, getting up between 4 & 5pm. Hmm, party is from 3-5pm. LOL

Must be going...it's close to 5pm and I should get Matthew up from his nap. Later!!


2 comments:

NIKKI said...

AWW I LOVED the present... I can't wait until my girls can make things like that..That would be the BEST gift EVER!!

Hope the weather is ok for the big party!

Melissa said...

It's beautiful!! I once found a drawer in my dad's den with all the little things I had made him since I was young. I was shocked that he had saved them all and felt so special. Now that I am a parent I know why he saved all that stuff. I can't wait till my kids make all that. I save some of Max's drawings and paintings already. I have the twins' first coloring w/crayons.

My husband forgot Mother's Day last year - and never will again! lol

I hope the weather is nice to you this weekend!