Friday, May 12, 2006

Birthday Cakes! YUM!




Well, it seems my boys are lucky little guys. Our local radio station, The Eagle, 94.1FM from Swift Current, SK, announces birthdays each weekday. You can call in or email them with your birthday greetings, and they'll announce them on-air. One lucky birthday person wins a free 1/4 slab cake from the local grocery store bakery. My boys won!! I made a quick trip to the city today to pick it up, as well as a few last minute grocery items. I had them write on their names, to personalize it a bit. Not bad for a freebie, eh?

I've also been busy decorating their M&M birthday cakes. I baked them in a 10" springform pan, one cake mix per cake. They took longer than usual to bake, almost an hour. And I spent about 1hr each, decorating them, from making the icing, to final touches. Of course, I had to take some pics of them, before we dig into them tomorrow!!

It's 10pm, I'm tired. A long busy day ahead tomorrow. I still have to clean house (yuck!). But my best friend is coming in early to help me get ready. She hasn't been here yet, to the farm, so hopefully she can follow my directions!! ;)

Nighters.....

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow the cakes are great! You did a wonderful job :-)

Hope the weather is good for the party!

NIKKI said...

WOW LOVE the cakes!!! Hope the weather was good for you!


Hope you also had a wonderful Mother's day!