Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Michael gets #4!!

Michael has been busy cutting tooth #4. I noticed it just yesterday. Poor Matthew is stuck with just one tooth, the bottom right. They're getting around faster every day. They seem to know when something is within reach, that they really shouldn't be getting into. Like my laptop....Matthew just knows ;) when it's open, and I'm trying to use it. He scoots right over, eager to get his little hands on the keyboard, banging away. (not much gets done on it anymore, while they're awake).

But I keep telling myself, they're doing what comes naturally at this age.....investigating! We have so little space here, that there isn't much room to move things UP. We're really going to have to install shelves around the perimeter of each room, about 48" from the floor, to keep the boys from getting into everything. Guess they're not content with the two overflowing toyboxes.

Which brings me to their birthday party. It's planned for May 13/06 in the afternoon. I'm making them M&M cakes, one red, one blue. I've gotten them some toys, some clothes, and a new red wagon. Hopefully we get lots of use out of the wagon, spending a lot of time outdoors this summer. I have a lot of yardwork to catch up on, since I couldn't do much last summer with two newborns to care for. I hope to have nice weather in the afternoon, so everyone pray for sunny skies!! If everyone we invited shows up, the backyard will be filled with guests. Be sure to bring your lawnchairs!

I've started some flowers from seed this spring. Just over 1/2 of what I seeded has sprouted. I'm hoping at least 1/2 of the seedlings survive Matthew & Michael and make it into the ground in a few weeks. Each boy has already uprooted 2 seedlings, making me wonder if it really was worth my while. Oh well, there's always the greenhouse in town, if my seedlings don't survive long enough to get planted in the gardens.

Sounds like the boys are at it again, my time here is cut short, again.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Sound like you are busy! My boys are into everything also! I have to put everything up on shelves and they still try to climb up onto things to get to things. I'm starting to plan for Alex & Nicky's birthday next month - I hope you have good weather for your party!