Wednesday, August 12, 2009

What's in a name?

It's my understanding that some jurisdictions require a homeschool to have a name. And I'm sure some families like to name their homeschool anyway. Saskatchewan doesn't require a name but we've come up with a name anyway just for fun. We call our homeschool M3 Homeschool. It's quite simple really because our three boys' names all start with M: Mitchell, Matthew and Michael! 3M is already taken of course, although since we're not making adhesives we'd probably get away with using it. And M3 isn't too much different than M5 Industries, which is the business the Mythbusters work out of. Gotta love Adam and Jamie and the gang!

I'm not sure how we ended up naming all our boys with Ms. There are times it's a curse. It's not at all uncommon to go through all three names before you hit the right one for the child you're trying to talk to. Heck we even come up with combinations like Mithew and Machael. Maybe it would be easier if we just numbered them. :)

1 comment:

Niqi said...

LOL

that was very cute and funny.

My girls' names start with different letters, and I still get them mixed up - and all the pets' names too. i wonder if it is a sign of approaching middle age? I remember teasing my mother about this very same thing when I was a kid only now to be doing it myself.

with your official homeschool name you can get your very own scholastic book club. :)