Friday, July 31, 2009

Will I ever get haying done?

Hi there. Dave here.

You know what boys and girls? I'm getting frustrated a little. I should be outside baling hay but last Saturday I broke an axle on my baler. It took until Tuesday to get a new one back on the baler. I did some hay cutting that day, then it rained again. I put the new axle on my baler Wednesday, but too wet to bale still. I got some bales made Thursday but it rained again that night just as I stepped out at 9:30pm to go do some night baling. I guess it didn't rain as much as I thought because the hay wasn't too wet by midmorning Friday so I made a few rounds until 12:30pm when showers stopped me again. Maybe, just maybe the wind today will dry things out quicker than expected so I can try night baling again.

Carla and the boys leave for a little road trip tomorrow. Hopefully while they're away I can get caught up. I sure hope so anyway. I'd for her to think I was slacking the whole time they're away!

No comments: